- December 17, 2016
- Posted by: admin
Intuit’s QuickBooks Online require no download, no installation, and enables access to stored information the Intuit’s servers. The accounting data are also stored in the web cache of your browser, a part of the application that saves data temporarily. You can even delete the QuickBooks data stored in the cache by way of the user interface of your browser. The process may be slightly or significantly different, depending on the browser.In Mozilla Firefox
- Open your browser and press ‘Alt’ key to reveal the toolbar.
- Click ‘Tools,’ and then ‘Options,’ followed by ‘Advanced’ in the Options window. Click ‘Network.’
- Click ‘Clear Now’ button in the Cached Web Content to remove the QuickBooks Online cache.
In the Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and then click ‘Tools.’
- Choose ‘Internet Option’ via the drop-down list.
- Click ‘General’ and select the ‘Delete browsing history on exit’ checkbox. Selecting this option not only delete the QuickBooks Online data but also remove the temporary Internet files, stored passwords, browsing history and Web form information. Click ‘OK.’